Wow! Life sure rolls on whether you document it or not! I cannot believe its been over 2 years since my last post. Whoops!
Many things have changed over the last 2 years and it would be impossible to try to right about all of them so I will make a list of the big things that have, or are currently happening in our family.
- Sage drives now. She even got a car this summer (1999 Toyota Corolla with a gazillion miles on it) It's cute and she's nicknamed it Linda.
- Sage and Lindsay will both be in high school this year (Lindsay will be a freshman and Sage a junior).
- JJ is still working at FedEx but also puts in many hours working for a small business rebuilding diesel fuel injectors.
- JJ is serving as the Ward Clerk since they split our ward in to the new Kuna 15th ward in July 2013.
- I am lucky to serve as the 2nd counselor in the YW presidency and to volunteer my time as the uniform mom for the Kuna Gold Marching Band.
- I am 12 credits shy of my bachelors degree and just found out that I have 2 years to finish it under that catalog or I will need many more credits due to the university changing up their foundational studies. Better get cracking! I applied for admission on Friday and have very mixed feelings about this.
- Charley and Odie are still as cute, short and brown as ever.
- I was diagnosed with Celiac disease (+ biopsy) in April 2013, which reaffirms Sage's "diagnosis". Lindsay also had symptoms and because the testing is SOO expensive we have just assumed that she has it as well - it's genetic after all. At this point she has been GF too long and would need to resume eating gluten to be tested, which is not an option because it makes her feel horrible. We have graciously, and without fail opened our arms to the gluten free diet to be as healthy as possible.
- We had an exchange student named Trahn Nhi from Vietnam that came to stay with us from January 14 to July 14. It was an interesting experience but not one that we will probably repeat.
- This spring I hurt my back while on vacation for spring break and end up missing 2 months of work. I'm still feeling the impact of this injury but will continue to work to get stronger.
That seems like a short list for 2 years but that's the highlights. I love my family and am so lucky to have 2 amazing daughters! They truly are beautiful inside and out.
See what I mean?
Spring in Idaho
8 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment