Pages

Saturday, January 3, 2015

A new year, a new...me!



Every time the new year comes around I find myself thinking like so many other and wonder what can I do to improve my life.  I'm not very good at sticking to resolutions but came up with 2 simple ones.

1)  No more Diet Coke.  Sad huh?  It's so horrible for my body but I just love it so.  I am currently on day 2 of the taper down and by next Friday I will be off it for good.  This is the goal that I'm most hesitant about and the one that I'm not entirely optimistic that I can keep.  I will try however.  I promise!

2)  Sometimes I can be a bit high-strung and this year I'd like to work on being more relaxed about life and less stressed about the little things and the things that don't matter.  Positivity first!  (I didn't roll my eyes at that one...honest)


In other news:

Our New Years Eve was a bit of a dud.  Sage went to a church dance and Lindsay wanted to stay home.  She didn't think that she'd have any fun in her cast.  I wasn't feeling super hot (glutened again) and I had to work on New Years Day so I went to bed early.  What an exciting life we live!

On New Years Night, Lindsay and I had a great time playing Clue.  She is such a fun girl and I am truly thankful for the lovely darling that she is.  She is almost as tall as I am now.  I don't think that she'll surpass me but she is still hoping.

Sage got a job a Costa Vida.  She's not much on work, hence the surprise but she is quickly learning that money doesn't grow on trees and I'm not a bank.  She started today and they had her washing tables and trays and then sent her home after a couple of hours.  I hope that it works out for her but wish that it wasn't so far away from home.  She said that the owner is quite nice and he hired her on the spot so she obviously impressed him.  Today she gave her notice at Joann's.  She was nervous to do so but Joann said she was happy for Sage.




No comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com