Here are several pictures from trek. There were over 800 so I just picked some of my favorites! They are little but if you click on them you can see them full size. Keep in mind there were no showers and we all looked like grease bombs.

I saw a picture of this statue on the net before and it really inspired me to got on trek. I wasn't sure I was up to the task of having the responsibility of taking care of all the medical needs we might encounter. This statue is amazing to me. There truly was a special Spirit amongst the pioneers.

This picture of Sage was taken at Rock Creek Hollow. I love that she is some contemplative. It was a very spiritual experience.

Posing with the handcarts!

Amazing! It's like Heavenly Father was smiling at us!

Grease bomb!!!!

Sage and some of her buddies!

Sage actually loved the square dancing. It was fun and the missionaries were so cute as they'd call out the dance moves.

I'm thankful for the very wise soul who decided we should have watermelon everyday. It was delicious!

Sage doing what she does best!

This little baggie is 4 ounces of flour and represents and adult ration for a whole day. It's very humbling to me to think that these pioneers traveled so long and so far and ate so little. I've heard that the men would burn up to 3000 calories a day pushing handcarts. This little bag of flour is 100 calories. Astounding isn't it? I try to remember that anytime I think that my life is hard. I have no idea what hard it.

Me and Liz. I love this kid! She is truly my hero and I'm thankful to know her.

At the start of the women's pull.

Crossing the Sweetwater River.

Sage got a little carsick on the bus ride there (like 2 hours in). It's ironic that she wanted the cold water on her face but was freezing and had to steal my sweatshirt.

Our beautiful church building at 5am.

The hill from the women's pull. JJ didn't think it looked that hard but it was.
No comments:
Post a Comment