Pages

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Adventures in home improvement

They always make it look so easy on TV but they don't usually show all the little stuff that you have to deal with. We decided to change the girls bathroom cabinet to a pedestal sink to give them a little more room. Their bathroom is TEENY! Like 25 square feet teeny. This is what we started with:



So we went down to Lowe's and bought a pedestal sink and some new trim wood. We've been wanting to change out the trim in the house for a while now so we thought this would be the perfect opportunity to start. We spent our $78 and we were off. Well after JJ pulled out the old cabinet we realized that there isn't any flooring or even complete subfloor under the cabinet. Rats! This picture is after JJ pulled the sheet rock down to place a brace to hold the sink securely to the wall but you can see the flooring.

So as JJ finished tearing apart the bathroom I was off to Lowe's again to find flooring, sheet rock, bead board, plywood, nails and all the little stuff that we didn't think that we'd need. Lindsay loved the whole process and was such a wonderful helper! This is the hole before JJ put the supports in.



Libby really likes the sink!


We decided to go with laminate flooring but the color I chose was far too dark to carry through the whole house so back we went....trip #3 to Lowe's. It's been a long day, and unfortunately will be a long night too because we have to get the flooring down so that we can at least get the toilet back in. It's currently residing on our front porch and the neighbors have probably thought we've lost our minds. Last but not least here is my favorite picture of the day....the girls eating scrambled eggs in the bathtub because they wanted to watch what their dad was doing. I'm thankful that I'm married to such a handy guy. I love you babe!


I'll post the finished project in a couple of days.

1 comment:

ShaRene Knox said...

I can't wait to see it!

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com