So I have today off from work but I have plenty to do at home. Here's a brief rundown of my day.....
Woke up at 6:45
Checked my email and made my usual rounds on the net (KTVB.com, Frugal-Families.net, People.com, a couple of random blogs)
Had a little breakfast (some cantelope and a bowl of Cheerios)
Talked to my mom on the phone for a bit
Switched the laundry and started a new load
Tidied up the family room so that I could see the floor
Quick work out to the Firm (I love these DVDs)
Chatted with Sage who was up surprisingly early for a non-school day (8:15)
Showered (especially essential after the workout) and got dressed
Fixed the knob on my dresser drawer that keeps falling off and since I was there I tighted all the rest of the knobs
Opened the windows and turned on the fans to take full advantage of the cool morning air
Sent my sis Ashley a text message
Switched the laundry and started a new load
Sent Sage to the shower
Folded a small mountain of laundry (okay 2 loads)
Made afternoon plans with my friend Tawna and her girls ~ either paddle boats at Julia Davis Park or the Zoo
Sent Sage to the shower - Take 2
Woke Lindsay up
Realized that I forgot to blow dry my hair so I had to rescue it before it completly air dried (for me air dry = bad hair day)
Sent Sage to the shower - Take 3 (that kid.....)
Gave Milo his medicine (antiobiotic for 2 abcesses s/p cat fight)
It's only 9:17...I want to take a nap!
Sent Lindsay to the shower
Emptied all of the trash cans and took the trash out.
Locked my self out of the house and both kids are still in the shower (thank goodness for keyless entry on the garage door)
Called a friend/ward member about delivering her water barrel
Loaded the barrel and an extra bag of fertilizer into my TrailBlazer
Kicked Sage out of the shower
Kicked Lindsay out of the shower
Had a string cheese and a glass of water
Paid a couple of bills and wrote the check for next months piano lessons
Put Lindsay's hair in a ponytail
Curled my hair & brushed my teeth
Wound up my clock (it's been dead for weeks)
Unloaded the dishwasher
Reloaded the dishwasher
Scrounged up enough change to buy 2 stamps at the post office
Talked to my mom on the phone (again)
Put Sage's hair into ponytails
Dropped the kids off at piano lessons
Went to Zamzows for a return
Stopped at the post office to mail those 2 bills
Drove threw the bank drive through to harrass Kendra (and loved it!)
Dropped the barrell off
Stopped at the library to check out a book a pay my fine
Picked the girls up
Came home and switched the laundry and folded yet another load
Returned a phone call to a girl at work
Changed the scent in my Scentsy (for the record the Beach sent stinks to high heaven)
Weighed the pros and cons for consolidating my student loans
My mom showed up so we drove into town and had lunch
Went to get my car washed
Stopped at the bank
Met up with my friend Tawna and we took the girls to ride the paddle boats
Had snow cones
Came home...and you guessed...more laundry!
Chatted on the phone with my friend Heather
It's now 5pm and I really enjoyed the day with my kids. I wish that it could be everyday but I'm always optomistic for what future might hold!
1 comment:
Can you share some of that energy.
Post a Comment