After our recent hard-core look into our budget we learned a very valuable lesson. Eating out is a budget killer!
I know that many people probably figured it out but when you really look at it specifically you realize how much money you waste. It is seriously scary....especially for us.
Last night we made a menu for the whole week and then made up a grocery list. Seriously way cheaper. I only had to spend $80 for the week and we have all of the dinners planned through Monday. Tonight we are having Honey Lime Chicken with some rice and a veggie. I'm cooking it in the microwave with my Pampered Chef Deep Dish Covered Baker. Seriously this is the coolest kitchen item ever. I thawed out a freezer meal and dumped it in the baker and microwave it for about 15 minutes and dinner is ready. I love it! Check out my friend Linda's website and you can get one too! www.pamperedchef.biz/LindaCowan
So...what's on the menu for the rest of the week!
Wednesday - Tuna Noodle Casserole
Thursday - Chili dogs with the missionaries
Friday - Sloppy Joes
Saturday - Dinner at the church
Sunday - Grilled Cheese & french fries
Monday - Baked Potato Soup
I am determined to whittle away our ridulous grocery budget/eating out budget one meal at a time.
1 comment:
I agree. Eating out is nice and convenient, but it is a killer for the wallet. I have found the key to avoiding eating out is planning ahead. Love the dinner ideas. I am always on the hunt for dinner ideas. That is half the battle, wondering what to cook.
Post a Comment