Pages

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Bravo Test - Day 1

So I've been feeling like my heartburn has been coming back and I've been having lots of spasms in my esophagus so I went to the doctor and they recommended having a Bravo procedure, which measures the pH in my esophagus over a 48 hour period of time. I was really hoping that they'd place it under sedation but I'm not that lucky. They basically have you swallow this really long skinny hose while they are advancing it down your throat, which of course makes you gag to high heaven. I make JJ go with me to hold my hand because it was a little scary. I didn't like getting it placed but they gave me a cool little monitor to wear on my belt to see if the pH in my esophagus drops to an acidic level. It's pretty neat and right now my pH is 6.6 ~~ No acid right now.

The down side to this whole thing is the fact that having that capsule attached to my esophagus is giving me horrible spasms, which are far more painful that getting the silly thing placed. They say that most people don't even realize that it's there but I can definitely tell that it's there. I have to disagree.

Tonight I met with the girls in the Freezer Meal Exchange. I love it when I can go pick up all those frozen dinners to load up my freezer. Yummy! That means I have 18 dinners that are all prepared and ready to thaw and cook. What an ingenious idea.

1 comment:

The Kay Family said...

Hey! How do you join the freezer meal club? I'd be all over that.

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com