Did you know that my profession has a whole week to celebrate our achievements???
We do several little things at work to help us celebrate. We had a potluck on Monday and lunch brought in yesterday, today and tomorrow and then we get ice cream on Friday. It's not nearly like it used to be due to some party poopers in other departments so it's bit more low-key than in years past but it's still a nice treat.
Kendra called last night and asked if I could watch her kids for a couple of days so that she can fly to Florida to spend the weekend with Grant. She's leaving on Friday and I'm so excited for her. It's got to be tough being away from your spouse and being a 'single' parent for several months at a time. I'm hoping that this might be the last time that he has to be gone for a while, although he's supposed to go to Iraq next summer. I'm praying that the plans change so he won't have to leave.
Kendra needs a ride to the airport on Friday and then we'll keep Mynga (her dog) until Sunday night, when Kendra's in-laws will drop off the kids and pick up the dog, and then I'll have the kids until Wednesday night. That won't be too bad and I bet that the girls will have fun playing and having sleepovers during the week.
JJ will find out today if he has the day before Thanksgiving off work. His brother is having major brain surgery that day and JJ really wants to be there during the surgery. Dave has Parkinson's Disease and it has become very advanced. This surgery offers the chance at a normal life without tremors. I hope and pray that it is a success and that JJ can be there. We did find cheap airfare for him to fly down and back (so he can be here for Thanksgiving dinner) we're just waiting for FedEx to approve his time off. Keep your fingers crossed!
I'm off to get the kids to school and then to work. Have a great day!
Spring in Idaho
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment