Pages

Monday, August 17, 2015

Press Forward

I have been dealing with some health issues lately and the my brain tends to stew on the minute details until I know for sure. I have an appointment with a rheumatologist on Wednesday to further evaluate some goofy blood tests. It's never easy to think about the "what ifs" except the occasional "what if" we took the kids to Disney World or "what if" we ate out tonight. I prefer for those but I'm doing my best to be patient.

Tonight in family scripture time we read:

2 Nephi 31:20
Wherefore, yes must press forward with steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the words of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, this saith the Father; Ye shall have eternal life.

What a beautiful promise. Is the gospel of Jesus Christ really that easy?  I believe that Heavenly Father knows us and loves us. He is mindful of our struggles and our fears and as long as we are diligent in enduring we will have eternal life. This life is a test and was never meant to be easy 100% of the time.

So I know that whatever comes my way I just have to hold my head up and always be hopeful for the future and I'll be okay.  So again I repeat, what a beautiful promise.

No comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com