I've been feeling a little "empty" lately but have come to realize that I am blessed beyond measure!
This year has been a bit of trial with JJ's shoulder and knee injury but he is back at work and life is good. I haven't journaled about this before so let me fill you in. Back in October JJ injured his shoulder at work. A large box fell off the top shelf in his truck and he instinctively reached out to catch it and he damaged something in his shoulder. He had some physically therapy but it just wasn't getting any better. He had an arthrgram and MRI and they came back negative so back to physical therapy he went and was able to get back to work the week of Thanksgiving. Then on January 10th, he was getting out of the back of his truck and his knee gave out and he fell and tore the meniscus in his left knee. He had just returned to work so he was hesitant to report the injury. He tried to tough it out and lasted for about an hour and had to go to the doctor. He couldn't fully straighten his leg or bear weight on it. The doctor took one look at it and said go home, ice and rest and follow up with the orthopedic surgeon. Ugggh!!! We felt so fortunate to avoid surgery with the shoulder injury but we both felt in our heart-of-hearts that this was a surgical case.
It took just over a month for everything to be pre-approved and for the surgery to happen. Then another 6 weeks or so for the healing and physical therapy. He's back to work now and although I've loved having the extra help with the girls and around the house I'm truly thankful that he has a job. It might not be the best paying job but it's meaningful, honest employment and we are lucky.
This was his first week back and it was a long week for me. I didn't realize how much he was doing for me.
On Wednesday the weather was pretty crazy outside and I was camped out on the couch watching TV and JJ and the girls were outside looking at the rainbow. He wanted me to come outside and I didn't want to so I told him to take a picture. What a jerk I was. I'm thankful for him and the fact that he did actually take a picture.
I'm thankful for new beginnings and for the love of our Heavenly Father. That rainbow is right over our house....perhaps that's a sign sent for me. I think I will get off the couch and make the most of this opportunity that we've been given!
No comments:
Post a Comment